Grace Coring's pitch has always been about improving what we all understand as being best available information, beginning in consideration of road formations and now rail.
Our self-determined brief in regards rail formation investigations wasn't complicated, through research and discussions with industry players we selected 4 key goals.
- Post investigation rail formation settlement and rail deformation is eliminated.
- Post investigation rehabilitation of poor reinstatement is also eliminated.
- Total time on site greatly reduced.
- Easy access and exit from the rail formation and corridor.
- No slewing plant involved.
- Sampling through in-situ ballast without disturbance of the formation or rail bed.
- Our Intact coring methodology acts as a pre-investigation approach to establish whether bulk soil extraction and replacement is necessary.
- No heavy plant used that has the potential of impacting non-target environmental assets within and outside the rail corridor.
- Greatly reduced quantities of replacement fill sourced from the environment are required.
- Intact samples provide the highest levels of layer placement accuracy to great depths.
- Eliminate technician discretion around layer changes, logging can be carried out at the soil laboratory.
- Moisture remains intact and in profile to allow a more informed understanding of moisture and drainage impacts on the formation.
- Reduced labor costs.
- Reduced material costs.
- Reduced WHS exposure and compliance costs.
- Reduced ENV protection compliance costs.
Our innovation in this space was borne out of a need to identify and understand the problems and in response, develop engineering solutions in the safest, simplest and most cost-effective ways.